Monday, October 11, 2010

Slow Going

It's been a weak since I really started "running" again. I'm really only jogging but don't tell anyone.

It's hard coming back from an injury, hard on your ego, as well as the injured limb.

However, what I've discovered once again is the beauty of running so early that you can see all the stars, hear the crickets, and see the sun rise.

Getting up at 4:15 and going to boot camp at 5:00 is great too, in it's own way. During boot camp you are inside pushing yourself to the limit. You have to depend upon the others around you and the music to keep you going through the "harder than I thought this was going to be" workouts.

Running? Well that's a different push. No matter where you are starting from it's an activity that makes you reach deep down inside, pulling every reserve to go where you need to go, alone. And that is true when recovering, starting out, or training for a time goal. It's a much more individual soulful activity.

I am happy to be on the mend, happy to be able to walk/jog/run/cycle/swim/yoga, whatever the days plan calls for. I am happy and thankful to be healthy.

No comments: