Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Hello Blog

It's a rainy morning here. Very nice although not cool. In fact it's very humid out.

Sunday's run was great! I ran with friends and did 5 at a relatively easy pace then ran 2 at a pretty fast pace and my knee continues to feel fine. I will soon be gearing up for a fall and winter of many races and I am excited to be healthy!

Cross training certainly agrees with me and I am now considering buying a bike. Yes I see triathlon in my future. Swim team is over and although it was difficult getting up at 4:45 I miss the workout. Swimming laps is just not the same. Thursday was our last day and so Monday I went to the pool alone and tried to just swim...one lap after another, it's a little boring. I enjoyed the team because we had drills to do as well as swimming laps all with a purpose. So I went online and bought a pull buoy and a kick board so that I can go alone and still do the team workouts.

For those of you who don't know a pull buoy is a float that goes between your legs and you use it to swim without kicking so that you can focus on your "pull" which is your stroke. The kick board is then used to focus on the kick without the pull. And then you put the stroke and kick together after doing drills and hopefully it helps you to bring the two into a swim that is efficient. I am excited to keep up the training.

Tuesday I ran 5 at a relatively easy pace and felt great even with 91% humidity. It's tough to breathe when it's this humid, not to mention dehydration!

Today is weights and I was going to swim this evening but it is raining so I am not sure I will get it in. If not I will go later in the week.

Tomorrow I am contemplating running at 5:30 am, Yoga on the beach at 6:30 am, and then Hot Yoga at 7 pm. That will be a long day so we will see how that all pans out!

No comments: