Monday, July 13, 2009

Update

Wow, has it really been since June 23rd that I blogged? What is happening to me? What have I been doing? How is my running progressing? Am I still swimming? What about kayaking?

Well things are good. The swim team is still happening although I never compete as you know I only work out and whew those workouts are killer. It totally wears me out and yet has made a huge difference in my upper body as well as adding strength to my legs. And so I keep going even though most of the time I dread getting up at 4:30.

I am swimming twice a week and running the other days, yoga once or twice a week and lifting twice a week. I keep pretty busy. And add to that I borrowed a kayak from a friend who races them. I've done that three times in the last three weeks. I don't go fast really but I do try to paddle hard so that I get a good workout. I enjoy getting out on the lake in a nice quiet boat and most of the time it's nice and peaceful out there.

The heat is getting to me some, over 100 most days and humid. I run about 6:30 and should go earlier but I have yet to get myself up to go. I just put up with it and carry water with me or run where I know there will be fountains. Have to stay hydrated!

My knee is improving and I now run most runs without pain. Occasionally the hills will get me and it will be sore but nothing like the pain I was having, I am thrilled. I ran a 5K race last weekend and ran an 8:30 pace. AND I got 3rd place in my division, always nice. Terry got 2nd in his. There is something to be said for living in a small town. :)That is not as fast as my old pace but considering I have not done any speed work, it was hot and humid, and I've been working on this knee, it was a great pace and I am very pleased. I am getting better all the time.

I have dropped out of El Scorcho, the midnight 30K next weekend. It's just too many miles without a slow work up to the miles. My coach did have it worked in my plan but she was very concerned that it would put me back so I dropped. It's not like it won't be there next year and I would rather be healthy and pain free to build up to the half distance soon.

And with that all is caught up!

No comments: