Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Cold, Steam, Bells

It's been awhile since I wrote and this one has been bouncing around in my head for some time.  As most know we had a cold spell here that had the masses of the Dallas Fort Worth area completely baffled.  The small little quaint town of Granbury was no exception.  Eight, Nine, Ten, degrees is just a little too cold here.  Interestingly enough there was not a lot of moisture in this storm which is always a nice thing.

I, of course, will not allow a little cold to ruin my run.  This fine morning it was 18, not bad really.  I wait until it's closer to 21 and head out.  I love the crisp cold mornings, I feel refreshed even though I cannot move my mouth because it's frozen.  It's interesting, I've run in this temperature in New Mexico and Colorado many times and yet here it feels so cold, they tell me it's because of the humidity we suffer.

In any case the run was a normal run, nothing very unusual, and then I take a turn down toward the boardwalk at the lake.  The sun was just coming up to the point that the few clouds were bright orange and pink with the rays of the sun peaking through.  As I run toward the water I see that there is steam coming off of the water rising soflty and creating a fog that just hovers over the water's surface, the fog and water are reflecting the orange and pink hues of the sunrise.  It's breathtaking.  As I am taking this all in I hear the bells from a nearby church playing Clair de Lun.  Although they are located on the other side of the lake the water carries the music to me through the fog and the color of the sunrise.  My senses are overwhelmed and I must stop to take it all in.  Here in this little town the beauty is there waiting for us to take notice.  God really paints a beautiful picture.

No comments: