Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Walking the Dogs

I did run today, a wonderful easy 7 mile run.  Enjoyed it tremendously.  However this blog will not, from this point forward  mention anything about my run.  Instead I am going to focus on my walk with our dogs.

I've been trying to take the dogs out for a walk every day, rarely do I do it every day, but I am trying.  They now understand that when I walk out to the yard with the leashes it is time to get some exercise and they are excited.  I used to struggle to get the leash on them because they would not sit still long enough for me to get it clipped on their collar.  But now they know they have to sit for me if  they want to walk.  You really can teach old dogs new tricks!

Today was a beautiful day, in the 60's, no wind, sunny and clear, perfect day for a walk with the dogs.  We head out, as usual they are pulling me along in the beginning, noses to the ground,  stopping to take care of bodily functions along the way.  As we go along I talk to them (I know that's a shock), and it occurs to me how nice it would be to have someone to walk me so that I get exercise, someone to feed me just the right amount of food with the right nutrients, someone to give me my vitamins and other medications just exactly when needed.  Someone to praise me and talk to me as if I am the sweetest thing they have ever seen and to take me to the doctor when I need my vaccinations.  And someone to give me a treat now and again.

Oh shit, when the kids put us in the old folks home, all those dreams will come true!

No comments: