Monday, July 4, 2011

5th Marathon

Yes the 5th one is coming up. In fact it's the 10th of July. It's been so long since I've written, life is so busy sometimes...it's really a shame.

This is the first time I've trained for a marathon in the summer. Of course this would be the year when the 100 degree days hit before July and every day in June has been over 100. Running in this heat has been pretty tough.

Any of you who know me know that I hate the heat. I would rather run in the cold. But I wanted to run the Missoula marathon and so the training has been in the heat. I've acclimated some but also had some very bad runs with some dehydration. The good news is it will be 50 at the start in Missoula. The perfect running temperature and running in the heat should have made me stronger. I am hoping it will pay off.

Training for the marathon and working lots of hours has make it tough to do cross training, subsequently I've given up the swimming. Cycling occasionally but not enough. After this marathon we are going to get back to strength training, and I am going to cycle through the rest of this heat.

Wish me luck!

No comments: