Tuesday, June 24, 2008

I'm getting behind!

I can't seem to keep up with my Blog. Too much going on I suppose.

Monday's run was a bit tough, I felt tired, my legs were heavy. Of course this could be due to the lack of sleep I've had since Thursday of last week and the beer I've consumed. Not that I've had a lot to drink, but even one or two for a few days in a row makes a huge impact. Especially when it's a think dark rich beer, the kind I love!

Today was much better, I did 100 repeats today and although tough after not doing them for 2 weeks, they were not killer and so I accomplished my goal of doing 10 at 20 seconds each and I feel good. I was also able to do my stretching and my ab workout. I will do upper body later today.

All in all things are good. I am ready for my hamstring to feel better. I think it is improving but today it did hurt some while I was running. I am keeping doctors orders and working out to strengthen the muscles around the hamstring, I simply want results NOW rather than later. Impatient aren't I?

My goal this week is to get 8 hours of sleep a night and see if that helps with the running and recovery.

No comments: