Saturday, June 21, 2008

Solstice Run and Garage Sale

This week has been a recovery week, I tend to have problems after traveling so Bill had me take it easy and I am so glad. This week we had our big moving sale. What a pain in the buttox!

Long nights and early mornings wore me out so running less this week was very beneficial. Thanks Bill!

The Solstice Run to prepare for El Scorcho was really fun. I don't run at night very often and I dreaded it. I just knew I would be miserable for the full 8 miles. However after getting going we had a great run! Terry and I ran together and we ran a little over 9. It felt so good, I was surprised. I ran a new interval Bill took from Galloway. 4:1 I thought I owuld hate it but it worked out great.

The only issue I had was my stomach at the end. I could not have gone any further, luckily it head out during the run.

Other than that it was good. I am wondering though if I need more "practice". To get used to running at night and getting my food intake down in a way that will keep my stomach from being upset. Comments anyone?

It occurs to me that in the not too distant past we would not have done something like the Solstice run. The club is growing and it is exciting to see runners getting together like we did last night and not just runners but families of runners. I am all of a sudden saddened by our iminent move. I so enjoy this group of people, I am going to hate to leave them all behind. I do plan to come back occassionally and run with them when I can.

Thanks to everyone for making ARC such a great running club.

No comments: