Friday, June 27, 2008

Thursday's a Bust

Didn't make it out for my 800's Thursday. I used to be so dedicated. I believe I am having the preverbial slump. I am tired, I am hot, I just don't have the dedication and I don't want to be this way. But I just can't get motivated. I'm wondering if it's the stress of all that is going on with Terry changing jobs, getting the house ready to sell, keeping it perpetually clean in case someone comes to look, getting Taryn ready for college. Everything just seems so overwhelming and although running is a great outlet, I seem to struggle getting out the door.

Or maybe it's just the heat. In any case I did run Friday, it was a decent run, 6 miles at a natural pace for the heat so it wasn't too bad. My hamstrings are so tight and the pull in my left hamstring still hurts but I am stretching and doing all of my exersizes so it will get better.

I've also added major core training and upper body training which feels great, but I was VERY sore today in places I didn't know I had.

Oh well, just another day. Tomorrow will be better.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Susan,

You are probably right...you have a lot going on right now, and it is also too hot to get any serious training done. I think if you can just keep a base mileage up, it won't be long before you can build up again and get some better training in. Hang in there.

KcandyP said...

Thanks Jerry. It's tough to be in a slump. But I am still running a good base, so I know you are right, it will come back around. When do you leave?

Unknown said...

I leave saturday. It kind of slipped up on me...seems like time moves way to fast these days.

By the way, I am in a slump, too. It happens, just can't quit. Keep up the good work, and I'm sure you will get back in a nice groove soon.