Wednesday, September 17, 2008

God's Beauty

Finding time to blog is tough, I suppose you've noticed.

As you may have read, the mountains have a special draw for me and I've written about their beauty experienced while running in Colorado.

But last week we had a cool front here in Abilene.

6:00 am: I ran through the cool air letting it engulf me, moving through my hair and giving my spirit a lift. I felt liberated, although my legs were tired from my HORRIBLE run on Saturday.

In the dark the stars seemed so bright, was it the crispness of the morning? And then a falling star. Yes, I made my wish.

The sky began to turn from black to grey to a mix of grey and blue, in the west the moon is still up, in the east the sun is rising. The moon side is still dark as the sun side begins to show a light orange, then pink, and slowly the moon dissapears as the sun continues to peak over the horizon.

And another beautiful day emerges.

It occurs to me that it's not often in the mountains that you see two horizons one with moon and one with sun at the same time, the mountains get in the way. And so as flat as it is here in Abilene that horizontal horizon gives us a beautiful sunrise and moonset, one that plays in your mind creating images of a new day just waiting to be opened up like a new Christmas present.

And then it's Tuesday and another beautiful day is upon us. This time the moon is full, high and beautiful. The stars are bright, the air is crisp...today I finish as the sun is coming up. As I am stretching and looking up through the trees I see the leaves turn from green to gold, they shimmer as the breeze touches each leaf, the branches are bright with the suns kiss against the blue sky.

Each morning is a new creation, a new beginning, a chance to begin again, to put the past behind and look to the future.

I feel sorry for all of those people who sleep through the dawn, oh what they miss!

No comments: