Thursday, September 4, 2008

This week in Colorado Springs

There is nothing like a sunrise shining against a majestic mountain. As I run on the trail here in Colorado Springs, starting in the dark and watching the sky slowy change from black to a faint blue, then pink, I breathe in the cold dry air and think to myself, this is the land I love, the land I was born to live in, the land that holds my spirit.

And then it happens, the sun rises from the east and it's bold rays shine against Pike's Peak and it looks even more bold, rising above the clouds that drape the peak. It's orange and gold colors play against the white clouds and the now brighter blue sky.

Running here seems easy this week, the chilly weather is so refreshing. My body seems to respond and my runs are faster than at home and yet easier.

God is truly a wonderful artist, the way he paints our world, we really should pay more attention. No matter where we are the picture is in front of us, let us all open our eyes to the gifts God gives us. In nature, in family, in life...we musn't loose sight.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Your workouts in Colorado make me so envious. Enjoy!