Monday, September 29, 2008

COOL Mornings

I love these nice cool mornings! It's amazing how refreshing it feels to run when it's nice and cool out. Today although still a little tired from Saturday's 10K was a great run.

I get a little sad when I start to think that I will have to leave at some point. I know everyone at the park, if not by name then by face and we all say hello as we pass, and those I know better we chat, talk about our last run, and share how things are going...great way to start a day. I hope I find people in Granbury who will talk to me.

Something else I've taken up, because of a friend of mine, is picking up the trash while I'm running. He walks early and always picks up trash as he walks. One day I saw him doing this and I thought "that is something I can do to help our environment". And so I do. I have to stop yes, but it's only for a moment and then I run a few extra steps to a trash can and whala the park is cleaner before anyone is even up and moving (other than those of us at the park).

It really doesn't take too much at all, try it some day and see :)

No comments: