Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Getting Ready for Vacation

Going on vacation is exciting right?  And yet the week before and the week after are pure hell.  Everything goes wrong the week before and we struggle to get things taken care of before we leave.  Then when we return we jump right back into the barbed wire trying to pick our way through without getting nicked with what we left undone.

Ok well maybe it's not THAT bad and well worth it!

So let's talk about the week before vacation and getting our workouts in. It doesn't seem to be enough to do what is on the plan or what your normal routine is, we tend to go overboard trying to make up for days during vacation when we either cannot or choose not to complete our workouts.  I am one of those people.

Next week we go to one of our favorite places to camp and fly fish for an entire week.  No showers, no cell phone, no internet...it's amazing, God's work.  It does however give me nowhere to swim (trout lakes there are freezing and you can't swim in them), no yoga class, although I could do yoga by the lake and let the Indians watch me like I am a crazy person.  But then it also takes away from the fishing which I really love.  Running I can do, although the rocky dirt roads makes it a little tough and you don't see many people running but that's ok I can do it.  Even knowing I may get my runs in I have become acustomed to working out two and three times a day, can I handle this?  I have to believe that the fishing and hiking will be enough as I try not to become obsessed with "burning calories".  Not to mention my logging of everything that goes in my mouth either via the computer on LiveStrong or on my iPhone and now I will have no access.  OMG whatever will I do?  I will have to just relax and enjoy the time away from all of this, it's just a week and I love fly fishing, love my family, love the mountains.  Breathe, relax, and enjoy.

Ok I feel better, thanks for listening!  As for this week it's been great.  Knee is feeling good, no pain at all.  YIPPEE!  Today I swam, did yoga, and then did a 30 minute ab workout.  WOW! 

No comments: