Thursday, September 3, 2009

Long Time no Write

I have been informed by a loyal follower that I do not update often enough. I apologize to you, my friend (and any others there may be who follow my blog).

I am making a vow to update more often, at least once a week if not more often.

Running is going well, as you know I was forced to go back to building up again after the kickball game. Bummer...this knee thing is REALLY pissing me off.

I have been swimming at least twice a week sometimes more, yoga twice a week, elliptical on swim days, and lifting once a week and then running 4 days a week. As much as I hate being hurt and having to continually do rehab, I have found that cross training is wonderful. And my body has changed, more muscular, a few pounds down, and much stronger. A blessing in disguise.

Let's talk about swimming. It's still difficult for me but getting easier. When I was in Colorado Springs last week I had a wonderful swimming experience. Staying at the Cheyenne Mountain Resort is wonderful because with your stay you get access to all of their wonderful facilities. They have a great work out facility complete with trainers and classes, and a great aquatic facility with an Olympic size pool and a 25 meter indoor pool. Having been swimming now for awhile I mistakenly thought swimming in a 50 meter Olympic pool would be relatively easy. I failed to keep in mind that the pools here are 25 yards and 20 yards, not quite 50 meters I tell ya.

First of all this pool is beautiful! Clean water, right by the little lake, under the majestic cloud laden mountains...Wow, breathtaking. But when I walked out and saw how far 50 meters really is, well it's a little overwhelming. And yet I was able to do it! Granted I had to stop at each 50 and rest (high altitude gets you when you are swimming too) but I did my entire workout, 45 minutes in an Olympic pool in a beautiful setting. Wow I felt refreshed, amazed, awed with God's work.

Back home the city pool has closed for the winter so it's back the the Y to swim. It's OK, but it's 20 yards, dark, too much chlorine. But my friends are there at 6 AM and we swim...so it's OK, I enjoy my friends.

Yoga is amazing, I am so much stronger and flexible, I can't live without yoga, spiritual, physical, mental, it's much more than just stretching. I am astonished at how much I have changed because of this practice.

And running is coming along and I am feeling better and better. My training for the Vegas half starts next week. It will be nice to be training for a race again I am looking forward to the season. Hopefully injury free :)

Now you are caught up...more to follow

No comments: