Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Friday and Saturday

Friday I ran 6 at a natural pace and the pace was pretty good. I was pleased and although it was a bit hot it felt good going a pace that felt comfortable with where I was at the time. I was surprised by my pace. This was good and bad, good because it helped my confidence, bad because I had a long run on Saturday and should have taken it easy on Friday.

Oh well, it helped me and it felt good. I'm still in a slump for me, but this workout definately made me feel a little more on track.

Read on for Saturday's report.

Saturday - This was a tough run. It was really hot, and I ran with Jean at a slower pace. I really struggled toward the end. Granted it could be because I ran Friday and ran faster than I should have.

I got home and plugged in my Garmin and got a bit confused. I thought I ran 10 miles, but I had two entries for today, one for 2.13 miles and one for 10. At one point I stopped my watch and reset it so I guess we lost 2 miles. Instead of my planned 10 miles I guess I ran 12. No wonder the last two miles were tough. I've not run 12 miles in some time.

Sunday my knee and my hamstring were really sore. It was obvious I did too much. I suppose you could say I learned my lesson. I will be more careful next time!

No comments: