Saturday, October 25, 2008

My Last Long Run!

This day is the day that most marathoners are ready to get under their belt. The last long run before the race. All the training culminates with the last long run and then it's time to taper, rest, and be careful to eat right and not get sick so that on race day you go to the starting line healthy and excited!

I am so glad mine is over. Not that it was a terrible run, it was ok, but both knees are feeling tight and swollen so ice is on them as I write.

It occurred to me that this is the furthest I've run in 6 years! While I've run in a lot of half marathons it's been 6 years since I ran a full marathon and last year it was at this point when I tore my miniscus 3 weeks before the Houston marathon.

I am very nervous about the race. I would really like to do at least what I've run for the last two I ran, but I was younger then. I am trying to just enjoy doing the race and not allow myself to feel too much pressure. We will see how it goes.

I am excited because all the family plus lots of friends will be there. I think it will be so much fun!

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that when I did my 800's at the track on Thursday morning I saw three falling stars! Wow it was really cool, and three wishes, that's even better!

Ok - nap time :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What are you shooting to run? Thanks for the flash yesterday, it was awesome!!!

KcandyP said...

I would like to run 4:15, that is what I've been training for. If I am between 4:15 and 4:30 I will happy.

What about you?

Your welcome for the flash, lol.