Thursday, December 25, 2008

Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas fellow runners. I hope that you are blessed as we head into the next year. I know many of us are suffering from running burn out or races we are not happy with (we know who we are), keep in mind that we have many days ahead. Rest your weary bones and do what you must to get yourself well, things will then fall into place. Easy for me to say isn't it? Remember I was just there myself.

Having taken a short hiatus and adding cross training of lots of different kinds back into my training, I must say I feel stronger. This may not mean I will run faster and that's OK, it does mean that I will feel stronger and happier and enjoy running again. If you haven't tried making some changes like this, you should think about it for the coming year. And definitely try Yoga.

I ran yesterday, mostly to work off the cookie dough I ate when making sugar cookies. It went well and I felt good...until the digestive monster got me. I can't blame him, I mean really...TONS of cookie dough and then a run the next morning???? He had a right to bite me in the @$$.

I did feel better after the run, and then that little voice in me started saying "you really want that chocolate pecan pie, you can't live without the brownie and milk, shouldn't you eat another yummy sugar cookie?" And so I did. By the time we went to bed Mrs. Clause was sicker than a reindeer on bad berries! A little GasX with Maalox helped and so slumber came.

Today? Well today I am eating lighter, I believe I am over the temptation (and most of the sweets are gone). I am making some other sweets for particular folks in the family who have made requests. Luckily I am so sick of sugar I feel sure I can resist ;) .

No comments: