Monday, December 22, 2008

New Plan

I now have a new plan for running the Cowtown Half Marathon. I have 8 weeks to get ready and have a new plan in hand. Running plus 3 days of cross training (one of those days both cross training and running). I am not sure what type of cross training I will be doing, the coach has not given me details, but I plan to keep up with strength training and yoga at the very least.

As mentioned before I will not go to Cowtown in an aggressive state, this is a "medal" race. I want that medal and therefore I will run.

I am feeling excited again and I like this new training approach, it is much more like my training at the beginning of my running days.

Today I will go out without my Garmin again, hopefully with my daughter who doesn't really like to run but wants to burn some calories!

I also noticed on the message board for our club that someone in Granbury is organizing a 5K and 10K race there! Good to know someone there is excited about running. Hopefully we will be moved by the time of the race and anyone who wants to can stay with us and run the inaugural event!

More later...

No comments: