Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Does Anybody Read This?

I keep writing here and I know of only 2 people who read it, sometime I wonder why I am writing. And then I realize that it's for me, it's cathartic, like writing in a diary. So if nobody reads it that's fine.

I wonder...if I put something in here that was out of character for me, way out there and unusual, would I find out if people read it? Could I start a rumor that would come back to me like the children's gossip game? That might be fun to try some time, but not today.

Yesterday was a good running day. It was hard; 6 miles at 5K pace. It occurs to me that 5k pace is just that, FOR A 5k, not for 6 miles! That's why it's 5k pace and not 10k pace. Nevertheless it's what my plan called for so it's what I did. It was tough I was sluggish but I was close to pace. If I were really running only a 5k I could have run faster for just those 3 miles :).

It was cold too, 26 degrees when I went out. I even waited until the sun came up hoping that the sun would help me stay warm. It was beautiful though even with the somewhat chilly temperature. The sky was clear and blue no wind and when I stretched I did so outside in the sun and felt like a big old lazy cat soaking up the warmth while stretching my old bones. Good day.

I've also found Livestrong.com thanks to my handsome hubby. I've begun to track my workouts and my food there. They have some great information on that site I just need more time to read the articles. Some of you would like it too so take a look.

Today my workout consists of a swim. Needless to say I am nervous. It's not that I can't swim I am just not very comfortable swimming for exercise. I am going to try it and see if I can stay with it for 30 minutes knowing I will have to stop at each 50 and catch my breath. I will most likely have to do some backstroke too just to feel comfortable. The point is, according to my coach, that I am getting a good workout in without pounding my knees. I'll keep you posted!

No comments: