Saturday, February 21, 2009

Great Week!

After Tuesday the week just kept getting better. Even with cold and WIND it was still good. After swimming on Wednesday, Thursday I ran 3 miles at 5K pace and ran a 23:56 in a TRAINING RUN! It felt good.

Friday was strength training. This made me a bit sore for my run on Saturday but what a great feeling. And I did a lot of abs, they are still sore, but I like it.

Today, Saturday, was a 9 mile run that went like this: 3 miles slow, 3 miles at race pace, 3 miles slow. The wind was blowing 25 mph with gusts up to 40. And it was cold so the wind chill was...well...chilling.

Even then I was able to get my run in with good time and feel very strong. Next weekend is the Cowtown Half. I feel very strong, I think I can do well, maybe not a PR but under 2:00 for sure. If I can stay relaxed, start slow, let the run come to me. I am looking forward to it.

I just hope the wind isn't blowing that day although I've certainly trained for it!

No comments: