Sunday, August 17, 2008

Long Time no Write

I've fallen behind in writing in my blog. Sometimes it just seems like one more thing I have to do! So here is a quick catch up.

Running is going well, I am advil free most of the time so my knee and my hamstring are healing nicely. I d0 lots of stretching and have been very faithful in doing my strength training. I have now learned to LOVE stretching. After my runs if at all possible I take my swim towel and lay it on the ground or on a picnic table (yes this looks funny but if it's muddy it works great) and I stretch for at least 10 minutes. It is so peaceful.

I am all set for the San Antonio Rock n Roll Marathon. I'm not expecting to do anything amazing but hoping to do well and enjoy it. Terry (husband), Tanner (son) are running the half marathon. Tanner's girlfriend, my brother, our niece, and I are running the full marathon. I also have a college roommate who is running the half. And this doesn't include all of the great ARC folks! This is going to be a fun marathon no doubt. I am not sure I've ever looked forward to a race in this way...I just hope I run well and safely.

It rained yesterday, actually it stormed, lots of lightening and thunder between 2 and 9 am. It was awesome but I did put off my long run. And so this morning we went out to run and again it rained but this time there was no lightening and thunder so it was at least safe. I love running in the rain, it was cool and enjoyable, a good long run.

Well this is all for now...I promise to try to be better about blogging.

No comments: