Saturday, August 23, 2008

Today's Run and Other Things

Today is Saturday. My long run was good this morning. I am not going as slow as I know I should but with the walk breaks I enjoy the running part more when I go a little faster :), I may regret this some day.

It was a nice day out but it did get hot fast. I am amazed at how much the rain does for the landscape. Everything seems greener, flowers seem more vivid, it's so much nicer after good rains like we had last week. It really does make running more fun!

We are officially "empty nesters". I was sad at first but now I am excited for her. I am hoping though that the river will not call Taryn all the time because she really needs to be studying. If it were me I would spend my days swimming and laying out by that gorgeous river. Who in the heck decided to put a college campus there? Were they on drugs? I mean really! It is absolutely too inviting with the blue water and the green field of grass with volleyball courts dispersed here and there...tubes for rent, frisbees flying. Sigh, I hope she goes to class :)

My training is coming along fine, my speed work is going really well and I am very pleased. I really enjoy speed work. The next two weeks I will be in Colorado Springs working in the office. Running there is always fun and refreshing, cool and away from humidity. I'll let you know how it goes!

No comments: