Sunday, August 3, 2008

No Advil!

Training is going well. My runs seem to be feeling better which is good. Maybe it's because my attitude has suddenly changed. I guess we all go through ups and downs in running and right now I feel as though I'm on the way up.

The most exciting thing is that for four days now I have not had to take any advil. I've been taking up to 8 a day for my hamstring, but after several weeks of strenghth training, stretching every day, and doing what the doctor told me to do it is beginning to feel better! I've also added massage therapy. My knee too is finally feeling better and not swelling as it had been. This is so exciting, I hope it continues through my training for San Antonio.

I did learn that I may have to begin traveling every other week to Colorado Springs. I love running there but it is a bit more of a challenge when training for a marathon. But if it has to be done it simply has to be done. We will see how it goes. I am not trying to do anything miraculous for the marathon so the traveling and running should be fine.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It's always exciting to be training for something...pushing yourself to accomplish something. I am so excited about training for my 50 mile race in December. We'll see if I have all the "right stuff," to pull that off. I think the challenge is what keeps me going.

I would love to be training in Colorado....that would be nice.