Thursday, August 21, 2008

Tough Days Ahead

This blog is not about running, instead it's about my last child going off to college. Today we will take her to schoolo, help her get moved in, and leave her there. I am so excited for her and the fact that her brother is just down the road 30 minutes makes it easier, but the house is going to be so quiet.

We are used to the kids having their friends at our house constantly, no knocking on the door they simply come and go. We never really know who is going to be sleeping on the couch or in the spare bedroom, we are an open house for all who want to be there. And we love it even though it is loud and keeps us up, it is youth and it is wonderful.

Now the house will be quiet. Add onto that Terry working in Stephenville and me being alone with a quiet house. Sigh...how will I handle all of this?

I hope she will be ok, I hope she will have friends, I hope she will make her grades, I hope she will have fun...blah blah...many of you have been through this or will soon. As I worry about her finding friends I hear her say that she already has plans for tonight and tomorrow night with friends she met on her wilderness expedition! So what am I so worried about?

Maybe I am more worried about me, losing one of my best friends.

No comments: