Monday, June 8, 2009

Monday Run

Today went well. I did not run until 8:30 and it was HOT. I think running at 8:30 is good for me at this point. I am acclimating well to the heat so Dublin should not kill me unless the humidity really jumps up.

I walked one then ran 4, well "jogged" 4, in other words I was not supposed to go too fast. I did pretty well although in that last mile I had a hard time keeping the slower pace.

It feels so good to run! My knee did swell, and is somewhat sore. I iced and will do the double dose of ibuprofen for two days again, but it's not anything really painful and according to my coach this soreness is to be expected.

I am looking forward to Dublin although I am not sure how I am going to be able to keep a "jogging" pace when in a race. It's a test of will I suppose, mental training, something I definitely need!

That's it for now...see you in Dublin

No comments: