Friday, July 11, 2008

Update

Today is Friday and it is a rest day from running. I am however going to do legs and upper body strength training along with a good core workout. Tomorrow it may be tough to run 14 miles if I do too much so I will need to be sure not to overdo today.

Yesterday I ran 800's for the first time in 3 weeks. I really dreaded them but in the end it turned out fine. I ran them inconsistently though and realize I need to work hard to hit my mark. It was humid although not to warm. My knee and hamstring are feeling better, I think the strength training plus more rest is helping.

I am looking forward to running in Miami next week on the beach even though the humidity will be tough, it will be a nice break and I only run twice so that I am well rested for El Schorcho on the 20th (mine and Patrizia's birthday). And yes I am older than her by quite a bit :).

Time to do my workout...will write later.

No comments: