Thursday, November 27, 2008

Turkey Trot with family

What a great day. I felt awful when I went to bed last night. My head was throbbing, and I could not breathe all night. I got only 2 hours of sleep and almost didn't get up for the Turkey Trot.

But with all the family running and the opportunity to run with Taryn (my daughter) I made myself rise and shine. And I am so happy that I did.

I ran this race with Taryn and allowed her to choose the pace. We started off a good pace first mile, went a little slower the second when she stayed back with a friend, and the last mile she took off and it was quite a bit faster to finish at :32. Not a bad time for her first race. And it was so much fun. With Sid (my brother and her uncle) and me and Taryn finishing exactly at the same time, a decision we made right before we hit the mat.

This was a great way to start the day and I am so happy to have been a part of such a neat race. The club did a wonderful job putting this together and the chip timing made it even better. I'm already looking foward to next year although we most likely won't be here :(

As far as being thankful, I must say that I am so thankful for my family, my friends, the health to run and exercise and for the opportunity to run a race like this surrounded by family.

Terry got a new PR for a 5K with the help of Tanner (our son) who paced him for the race. He is getting faster all the time. I think it was great for them to run together and for Tanner to help him reach his goal. What a great family we have.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Charleston is awesome! They have done a great job preserving the downtown area. I wonder what a house costs down there around the battery? I saw both places Tanner recommended, hopefully I can try them out this weekend sometime.