Sunday, April 12, 2009

Knee issues

As you are aware my knee has been bothering me yet again. I emailed my coach she asked me to talk to my doctor. And so I emailed the doc.

As I suspected the change in activities has aggravated my knee. Packing, moving, unpacking, heavy yard work, running on ONLY hills, running faster, etc... all have an impact on the degeneration of my knee.

I knew this instinctively but it is nice to hear that the doctor agrees. Basically with the change I just need to go a bit lighter until my knee is used to the change. Just as anytime I make a change it will swell and hurt, no damage, it just gets aggravated and always will.

I emailed my coach with the doctors response so I am waiting for her to send me an updated plan. I'm not really training for a race now but in June there is a 10K I seem to always have trouble with because it's hot and humid in June. I am hoping to train for it and do well. And then it's on to El Scorcho at midnight on the 19th of July.

The house is coming along. We got the guest house painted on the inside, and the cabinets painted, it looks better but there is more to do. It just never seems to stop! We need trim in the bathroom, a new light fixture, painting the little porch outside the guest house, and then a good cleaning and it should be ready.

We've planted flowers, traditional plants and I also planted a wildflower garden and noticed this weekend that they are sprouting!

Terry mowed and fertilized the grass and then we had a huge rain yesterday and very early this morning so the yard is looking good! It's all shaping up...

Running here is different. There is only one trail/path through the parks, it's a little over 2 miles long. The longer runs are all done on the street, and where we live there are no real big neighborhoods so it's lots of highways to run on which means a lot of traffic. It's a little hard to get used to, you really have to pay attention to the traffic. But all the runners do it and they seem to be used to it. I guess I will get used to it as well.

No comments: