Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Walk in the Morning

OK, I admit it. Laying off of running is so HARD. Even if you know it's the best thing for you it's just plain hard to do.

I do want to heal and feel good so I can make myself take the time away from what I love and what keeps me sane.

Don't get me wrong, I stay active. I do something every day so it's not as though I am not getting my exercise in it's just not RUNNING.

Even so, there are pleasures in doing something different. The day before yesterday I swam for 50 minutes. That longest I've been able to swim and at the end I was still feeling pretty strong! I would have gone longer had it not been for needing to get back to work. The interesting thing is, most of the time I try to get a good work out but I don't really push myself like I do in running. But this day there was a man that came to swim as well and he was a good swimmer, one of those you know swam in college. Well that just bugged me and I felt competitive even though there is no way I could ever do that well. It pushed me and I made myself go faster and harder than I have before! Now I know I can do it I will work on doing that more often.

Yesterday we (Terry and I) got up at 5:15 and went to walk on the trail at the park. What a beautiful morning! If I had been running I am not sure I would have noticed the moon and Venus? together in a line and shining so brightly!

Today is weight lifting but I am thinking about sneaking in a little stationary biking. JUST lifting doesn't burn enough calories for me. We will see.

As for Granbury, I am enjoying more and more all the time. It's very pretty here and I am looking forward to spending some time at the lake. I won't lie, knowing the dock is just right out the door I have a hard time not taking off from work to go lay out for an hour or so ;). But I have yet to give into my temptation.

Catch ya later.

No comments: