Thursday, April 23, 2009

Swimming

There is no doubt, practice is important! Today I went early to swim, I wasn't even really quite awake. Started slow, trying to get warmed up, but soon it felt better.

The water was cooler today and it felt GREAT! Most of the time at the YMCA they keep the water really warm for those older folks who go in to treat their joint issues. But today it was cool and it felt really good once I was swimming.

I am feeling stronger every day and today swam over a mile in 50 minutes. I know the time may not be good but swimming a mile is an accomplishment for me I promise!

I miss the running but the swimming is feeling really good and especially as I become more comfortable and begin to push myself harder. Just like with running it takes time and practice.

One more week (and two days) of not running then I am hoping to begin again and build up to the hills here.

We registered for the Dublin Dr. Pepper 10K this morning. I am hoping that running here will help me do better there...this remains to be seen!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

maybe you are discovering something new and exciting for you...like a Triathlon.