Sunday, April 5, 2009

New Group

Guess what? It is windy again today...I cannot escape!

Even with the wind though we were invited to run with some folks here who have a new very information running, cycling, group that has begun to meet at the square on Sunday mornings at 7:00.

This morning with the wind the turn out was light. We were told that last Sunday they had quite a few.

The organizer of this group is a man that Terry met while running at night here before I moved up here. He is a Boston qualifier, has run it more than once and his best marathon time was actually at Boston! He is also very good about running whatever pace he needs to run to enjoy the social aspect of running with friends.

It seems to be his goal to introduce us to some people here who run, cycle, and do tri's. He showed us different places to add loops to the 10 mile loop we ran today so that we can add or take away miles as needed.

It's great to have someone to help us get going here and and his family are very nice. We look forward to meeting all of the people who show up to run in future weekends.

On Friday I ran a 6 mile 8:29 pace and the tendon in the back of my knee really hurt. My coach says it's either the hamstring or the calf so I have to ice and take ibuprofen, stretch well. Today 10 miles may have been a little much. It hurt some today when I was finished up and it is stiff so tomorrow I will lay off, maybe swim instead or maybe take a day off.

I miss ARC and everyone there. We will find new friends I know, but those folks will always be in our hearts. I hope they are all doing well.

Now it's time to work on the garage where we have way too many boxes still piled up. We cleaned up the yard and planted flowers yesterday, the place is looking good!

No comments: