Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Feeling Good!

This is it, this week of recovery and then I begin to build up my mileage and my speed again...slowly.

Memorial Day weekend we went to Ruidoso to see our families. It was so nice and cool and dry air, I miss it so much. Every time I return I remember how much I love the mountains.

Running there (as much as I was allowed) was once again amazing. The cool crisp air feels so exhilarating as it flows over my body. I could run and run and run when I am in the mountains.

Even with running a bit more than I should have been as well as hilly terrain my knee feels fine. How exciting.

I will get my new plan at the end of the week and I will be able to run the Dublin TX 10K although as my coach puts it "just plan on it doing it very easily so that you're only goal for that day is to cover the distance running. It will be SLOW, so let the joy come from running again and being out there!" That sounds easy; to "let the joy come from running again and being out there" it's just not that easy for me when I know I can at least get 3rd in my age division if I am uninjured. But I know she is right and I do have El Scorcho coming up in July. I need to remain healthy and not overdo. This will be a test of my will no doubt.

No comments: