Sunday, May 3, 2009

Last Day of No Running!

This was the last day of my 3 weeks off in order to rest my knee. We went to the square, this is where we meet some of the runners here in Granbury. Of course they all ran and I walked four miles. It was a great morning...59 degrees, nice and cool after the rain last night, just a beautiful day to be out! And I walked a 13:42 pace! I remember doing long runs, in my former life, at just a little faster pace. And of course then breakfast at Cari's (which they have now dubbed "The Pig" after we told them about the Dixie Pig in Abilene)

It was tough today, with such nice weather, not to run but I am determined to get back healthy and so I will start again this week, I am looking forward to it.

I've met a few people who run early in the mornings and live close to us, they are faster under normal circumstances but one is recovering from an injury and just starting back himself so their pace will be slow.

There is also a group running from the Y during the week at 8:15. I may try to meet with them but it's a bit harder because it interferes with work so I will have to see how it goes.

And there is walking with Ivy and friends, I really don't want to give that up....sigh...and I thought I would have no one to do things with when we moved here!

No comments: