Saturday, April 26, 2008

Good Couple of Days

It's a beautiful day! I love this weather, 70's, light wind, no clouds in the sky. It really is nice out.

Yesterday was interesting. Because on Thursday my last 800 was not where I thought it should be in terms of speed I decided (and got approval from Bill) to run 4 today. Two miles VERY slow, then one 800 as FAST as I can, then two miles to cool down. I don't want to overdo after a speed day and before a long run day. It was very humid this morning 84% when I went to run at 7:00.

I ran my two slow miles and then ran my 800 in 3:23. That is a pretty fast time for me. Of course I could not do it more than once at this point, but after a hard day then to come back and be able to do that alone, on a street not a track, makes me feel very good. So it was a good day. Later it cooled off when a cold front came through and the humidity dropped to below 50%. Strange day.

Today, well, what a wonderful day! I got up at 4:30 am, ate, got dressed, went to the bathroom many times (I always seem to do that), and met Patrizia at the park at 5:30. We ran 8.5, trying to get 10 in before 7:00 but we just didn't make it. I did not factor in my long run pace but never the less it was such a great morning with the nice cool weather. Just perfect for long sleeves and shorts. Then we helped with the March of Dimes 5K and enjoyed watching the runners/walkers having a good time.

Now we are working in the yard and laying out before Prom tonight. We will have a good number of teens are our house about 1:00 am through the night. I'm glad they will be here so that I know what they are doing :) They really are good kiddos.

I'm off tomorrow, it's a rest day....until Monday...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sounds like a good couple of days, Susan. Way to go!