Thursday, April 10, 2008

Reprieve

I got a reprieve today, didn't do the mile test. I saw the weather last night and it was supposed to be blowing 18 to 20 mph at 6 am this morning. So along with my esteemed coach I made the decision to race on Saturday rather than just run. And today I did 800 repeats instead of the mile test.
Now I have not done a lot of 800 repeats since my injury. But to my amazement I ran them faster than I expected and I believe that is a good sign.
The wind? Well it was almost non existent this morning, an absolutely beautiful morning, an amazing sunrise...God is really good! I could have run my mile it would have been the perfect day.
When I got home I grabbed some coffee and sat outside enjoying the morning God provided. When a morning like this presents itself I refuse to be rushed. Work can wait, laundry can wait, life can wait. Sometimes it's worth it to just be still and watch and listen to the world going on around us.

And then...the wind came.

No comments: