Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Wind...and more wind

Wind, is it really neccessary for the wind to blow incessantly day after day after day? I am really tired of wind, why do I live here? The wind makes my runs somewhat unenjoyable. Although a friend and fellow runner keeps telling me that it adds resistance so it's good for training. Hmmm...I am trying to remain positive :)
Ran 5 today, natural pace run. It was a good run, I ran with Mick which was very enjoyable. The wind was blowing (of course) but I tried to remain positive and when the run was over and the sun was peaking through the clouds I knew it was worth rolling out of bed in the dark to run with a friend.
Tomorrow is a rest day and Thursday is a mile test. I will run as hard as I can and most likely throw up, just to see how fast my mile can be. I don't like doing this, I don't like feeling sick from a run, from pushing myself to my limit, but when it's done and I've recovered I am amazed at what I am able to do.
Oh how I hope that Thursday the wind decides to take a morning off!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, the wind sucks. Hey, the next time you run with Mick, ask him about his grapefruits he is growing.