Monday, April 28, 2008

Perfect Weather

Wow, what a morning. God is amazing, have you seen how green everything is after the rain? As people plant flowers in their gardens the city begins to take on new breath. I love this kind of morning.

I ran 5.5 this morning. Started at Redbud about 8:00 this. Immediately I noticed how green the park is and how vivid the color! The sky was so blue no clouds in sight and the sun bright and cheery. The temperature crisp and cool but not too cold, perfect little slap of tingle just enough to keep your run in step

Then I went out on the streets and not even sure where I was heading, I just ran. I crossed 27th and ran through the neighborhoods amazed at the color that people have begun to add to their gardens. A good laugh at a big brown squirrel with a big pecan trying to figure out if it was OK to cross the road, back and forth he went, I wish I knew what he was thinking!

Then back to the park to finish up where I stopped for a bit to see my friend Mick who was just getting ready to run with Maria. I am sure they too had a great run, who would not on a day like today?

This was a great day, I could have run forever on a morning such as this.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Isn't it great to just take off and run? Your run sounds great. I am going to do some hills and trails today over at ACU...in Sharrod Park, and over off of Washington street to hit those hills over there.

Your blog today sounds refreshing, and reminds me of why we run.

KcandyP said...

I hope your hill training went well! I would like to do more hills I just never seem to get over there or out to steamboat. Do you have any of yours in map my run? I've only runn in Sharrod a couple of times, is it mowed now for the cross country trail?

Unknown said...

I experimented with the map the other day but never finished it. No, the trails over there are knee high right now. I tell you what I do, usually. I go run the trails at Sharrod, and then head up East on North 10th (up that first hill), and then turn right on Washington street and run up to Highway 80 and then back to Sharrod Park. There are three pretty good hills on that route. I do that every monday. I accelerate up the hills and sprint downhill for a leg turnover type of workout. It's about 5 miles all together. It's not as good as Steamboat training, but the hills are ok for speed training. I always feel it afterward.

KcandyP said...

Thanks Jerry,

I've run on the roads over there for hill training off and on but not lately. After I hurt my knee I have stayed away from hills. But I am feeling the need now!