Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Running Sucks

Today was not a good day, my run sucked. Luckily Terry was there to pick me up out of my self pity and loathing for that dreaded mile test.

I can't breathe anymore. The heat and humidity are killing me. If I go slow I am ok but when I try to push I just cannot get any air into my lungs. My legs are good, my knee was fine, my muscles can do it, but I just can't breathe.

What the hell is wrong with me? I am not happy, I don't like a bad run day, I want to throw it away like a piece of unwanted plastic wrap that has been covering something green in the fridge for weeks.

I am dissappointed. I can do better. But do I care anymore? Maybe I would be happier if I just gave it up. Maybe there is something else I can do.

Ok enough of the self pity...so I had a bad run. Who hasn't had them, right? And if you haven't I sure as hell don't want to know about it.

Tomorrow I rest and so we will see how Thursday goes. I'm hoping for a good run to get me out of this funk.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I had a bad run monday, and it really depresses me when that happens. I quite two miles short of my goal for that day, and went home ticked off at myself. However, I came back on tuesday and redeemed myself. Sometimes, as runners, we forget that the weather effects us that much. We have not had time to adapt to that kind of heat, therefore, we should expect that we are not going to run as far, or as fast as we have the past few months when it is cooler. I say...blow it off and keep running. Your body will eventually adapt, and it will fine. But, I think we are probably all in the same boat. Keep going, it will get better!

Jerry

Anonymous said...

Pick yourself up woman and dust yourself off. At least you got to run today, the rain keeps coming and coming, looks like I am going to miss my run. Hey, Patrizia and I are thinking about getting racing bikes around the birthday you guys share. I see a triathlon in our future if she could only learn to swim.

KcandyP said...

Thanks Jerry, and you are right, today was much better! In fact today was great. I appreciate the support, we all need that on some days.

KcandyP said...

Hey Rich,

I am thinking about a bike too! I think I would enjoy some diversity. Where are you going to get them, any idea? I will come and yell for you all in your triathlon!

Anonymous said...

Why are you going to yell at us, do you plan on beating me to the finish line? We stopped by Biketown on Saturday and there was this young lady that really was helpful. She was not pushy and recommended a low-end racing bike, probably around $700-$800 to start off with. Bad thing was the lack of lady bikes on the rack, in fact there were none.