Monday, April 21, 2008

Micks Birthday and Boston Marathon

5:30 - I'm up getting ready to run at 6:30...ok maybe it was 5:45. It takes me some time to prepare.
6:05 - I gently ask Terry if he is indeed going to run with me as promised last night. To my surprise he says yeah (in a very sleepy voice) but he does not budge.
6:15 - I gently tell Terry that if he wants to be running by 6:30 he needs to get out of bed. Reluctantly he stumbles out and gets ready.
6:31 - We are at the park where Mick is waiting.

Today is Mick's birthday and he is running 5 or so runs with 5 or so different groups or individuals. This is in celebration of another year of life having gone by! How exciting.

We ran a nice liesurly pace and it felt good although it was quite warm and humid out.

I felt fine until mile 4 when my knee began to hurt again. So what the heck is going on? I think it must be the treadmill on Thursday that did me in. I iced it when I got home and am hoping and praying that it will be fine in the morning when I do my mile test. Please keep your fingers crossed!

I watched the Boston marathon on TV this morning. I wish I had a ounce of their speed in me so my leisurly pace would be fast enough to do well all the time without puking. They are indeed amazing to watch. And I learned that yesterday Deena Kastor came from behind a girl that had a 2 minute lead on her to win the olympic trials. And she won my quite a bit. Wow, amazing.

It was inspiring and did get me a little excited hoping I can get to Boston someday, but it also made me nervous to even try. I am dealing with mixed emotions, ups and downs, yesses and nos, just nost sure what to think about me making it to Boston.

To those I know who made it and are there running today and those who already made it for next year I wish for injury free, happy, fun filled days of training and running.

Oh and yes it was windy this morning...ok for a slow run, hope tomorrow is better!

No comments: