Thursday, April 24, 2008

Turn Around

Tuesday I had a bad run, of course you know all of this already. A couple of my esteemed running friends were kind enough to let me know that we all have bad running days especially when the temperatures rise. Thank you for your wisdom!

Today was a good day running, despite the early morning heat I ran my 800's and felt good. It was not easy mind you instead it was comfortably hard. This was my turn around.

I guess the heat and humidy is here to stay, I am a cold weather runner but I must adjust to the heat, that's just the way it is.

In the winter I go run a little later in the morning when the sun is just up and the air is brisk, that is my favorite. Now that will change and I will get up early to run before the sun shines and the day gets too warm. To be honest I love finishing my run as the gloden rays peep over the horizon and yellow fluffy clouds.

It occurs to me that we as runners have wonderful opportunities to see the day as others do not. I pledge to not take these opportunities for granted.

No comments: