Tuesday, May 27, 2008

100 Repeats after Hills

Yesterday's Memorial Day run was so much fun. Well the running part was tough on those hills, but the socializing was a blast!

Eating too much and food that is not in my normal diet, along with Mimosas and beer is not smart when the next day is a hard run day. Once again I've learned a lesson.

However, I got up early and went to Cooper and did my 100 repeats. The wind was a little bit of a factor although not too bad today, the humidity kills me as usual. Add to that the heaviness of my legs from running up and down hill yesterday and the difference in diet and well...all this things used to not bother me so much. Now it seems to make me feel a little sluggish.

Even with all of that I hit my pace in every 100, it just seemed to take more effort today than last week. I am proud of myself for at least getting up and getting it done!

Tomorrow is a day of rest, YEA...

I've been looking at routes in Granbury and Stephenville. You know it's hilly there! So all of my runs will include hills. I'm excited about this, it should make me stronger if my knee will just hold up!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Today is a day of rest for me, too, today. I am so tired, especially after my 800's yesterday. So, when do you guys move?

KcandyP said...

Terry will start at the end of June, he will have to spend most of July in Ohio. I won't leave until August after we get our daugther off to college. Hopefully the timing of selling the house will work to our advantage! I'm excited but nervous at the same time, emotions really going up and down! Empty nest is setting in too :).