Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Been Awhile

I haven't written in my blog for a few days. Not intentionally, just no time! Now I will catch up.

Friday last week I ran 6 pretty easy miles. My legs were tired after 800 repeats on Thursday. It was a good run. Saturday no running, we went to Lake Brownwood and enjoyed a hot Saturday on the water. It was very relaxing even though we had 12 teenagers with us!

It was cooler at the lake on Sunday and quite a bit more wind. But even then coffee in the morning out by the lake wrapped in a warm blanket...is there anything better? What a great morning shared with long time friends.

Clean up of the lake house went fast and home we came only to spend the rest of the afternoon and evening cleaning out the cabinets in the kitchen. Getting ready to sell a house is not a lot of fun! Anyone want to buy our house?

Yesterday, Monday, was a 6 mile natural pace run. I felt good and used my new shoes for the first time, boy I needed them. I waited way too long for shoes this time. Listening to my ipod I got lost in the music and the run went by quickly. I also stopped to visit a friend who lives on my route, she just had knee surgery.

Today was 100 repeats at the Cooper track. Felt GREAT! It was humid and windy and we still had a tough time doing the repeats in the time the coach gave us...we did them faster. That is a good thing until he increases the number from 10 to 20! I think I could still hold that same pace but we will see.

Ok that is it for now, just a quick catch up with no pretty words. Now it's off to work.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Speaking of shoes, I was recently in Santa Fe, New Mexico and ran across a pair of New Balance 767's on sale for $30.00. That was a cool deal, as I like those shoes.
This will be my third pair.

KcandyP said...

Wow that is a good deal! My knees feel so much better now, thank goodness. Shoes can make a huge difference.

Did you know I am from New Mexico? Ruidoso to be exact.

What were you doing in Santa Fe?

KcandyP said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

I was heading to Las Vegas for a Social Sciences annual meeting, and decided to stop off in Santa Fe for about three days. I love Santa Fe...I was running trails up in the mountains, there. I ran Atalaya trail one morning when the snow was still on the ground. It was amazing.

I didn't know you were from Ruidoso. What a cool place. It's changed a lot since the last time I was there. I love the entire New Mexico area, well almost all of it...not crazy about Hobbs, which I grew up next to in Denver City, Texas...right on the border of NM and Texas.

KcandyP said...

Hobbs, Clovis, Roswell...not very pretty at all. But central and northern are nice. I miss the mountains a lot. Someday we will go back to the mountains.