Saturday, May 17, 2008

Catching Up

I haven't posted in a few days...been so busy I get behind. I am doing my runs though so never fear!

Wednesday was a great day off, I really enjoy my rest days. Taryn (18 year old daughter) went to visit her brother (20) in Austin. His girlfriend and a friend of hers flew in from South Carolina and some other friends drove up to Austin to meet them as well. Their plan was to hang out in Austin on Wednesday night and then float the river on Thursday. About 11:30 on Wednesday night we get a phone call. Austin had terrible storms and the wind and hail (baseball size) busted in a window in Tanner's apartment and hail, rain, and glass got everywhere. And they lost power so there was no way to clean up. We talked to them off and on until about 3:00 am watching the storms on the internet.

Finally they drove 10 minutes south and got a cheap hotel. Six of them in one room! The next day they had to clean up and the river was too high and fast to float so they came here to Abilene.

We have a houseful of wonderful young adults. They keep us laughing and that is a good thing.

Ok back to running, needless to say Thursday morning after getting to bed at 3:00 am, I slept in until I had to stumble to the coffee and computer for work. I am so glad I work from home, people don't know I am stumbling and in my PJ's :) .

So Friday I go to the track to do my 800 repeats. They were tough that day it was humid and I think that really hurts my breathing. But I did them and all were right on pace which is a good thing.

Today Terry and I got up early and went to run with the club. Only a few of us were there most were in Comanche but it was a good easy 6 mile run.

Now we are back home enjoying our children before a big graduation party tonight.

Tomorrow I rest and Monday I am back to it.

I've also decided that my upper body is looking flabby, so starting Monday I am going to the gym three times a week to lift and do core work. I do some at home but I am not disciplined at home like at the gym. We will see how that goes.

Off to visit some more....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope all works out well for your young-uns in Austin. Missed you guys Saturday, a few of us ran an Armed Forces Run on base.

KcandyP said...

I wondered where you all were! We were looking forward to running with you.