Thursday, May 29, 2008

Speed Runs

Today I did 800 repeats. The weather was good, not much wind, not too humid, not too hot. I like it a bit cooler but all in all it wasn't too bad. So why was that first 800 so difficult? I thought I would drop dead. Then when I looked at my time it was 15 seconds faster than my pace is supposed to be! NO WONDER.

Then I was able to let myself slow down just enough to do the others on pace. What this tells me is that the 100 repeats are working in my favor and helping me to do my 800 repeats faster without realizing what is happening.

I hope this will translate to faster in other distances. I know it is supposed to do so, but sometimes I just find it hard to believe until it happens.

Rest day again tomorrow...YEA.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Good work, Susan!