Wednesday, May 7, 2008

100's at the Track

Rain, wind, lightening, thunder...that is what I woke to yesterday at 5am. I planned to hit the track and do 100 repeats early because my day was full and I would not have time later in the morning.

The weather disagreed with me and so back to bed I went. This left the evening..6:30 pm to be exact. And I am NOT an evening runner. Alas, we went regardless of the heat and wind.

And it wasn't too bad. They were actually pretty easy so my coach is now telling me I need to try running them faster (I knew he would :) ) and that's ok with me. It felt good and even the football players in spring football commented that we did a good job! Of course in their minds they are thinking "what's up with this old people?".

That's ok, when they are our age they will remember that day when we were out there working hard to stay in shape.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love to run in the mornings, but I like doing speed workouts in the afternoon. I get off between 2:30 and 3:00 every day, so I get a good chance to workout before I go home for the day.

Your 100's sounds like an interesting workout.