Thursday, May 1, 2008

800's in the Wind...OH JOY!

Good morning fellow runners. Today was actually a good run day, regardless of this ridiculous wind.

I woke up to this mild roar, sigh it's windy again. Should I get out of bed? Should I do this regardless of the wind? Is it worth it? Will I be able to breathe? Will I die on Cooper's track?

So I drug myself out of bed, still listening to the roar of the wind outside thinking all the time that this was pure madness.

Going into the wind while doing my warm up was no big deal, but I knew that when I was actually trying to go fast it was going to be like hitting a wall. Oh well, it had to be done, I was here and I was going to do this!.

And so I did, and although it was tough, and I did feel like I was hitting a wall, I did them. All of them, and I hit my pace every time. The effort was more intense because of the wind but that only makes me stronger, right?

And then as I was cooling down the sun poked up from behind the clouds, the rays shining bright. And I was struck with how beautiful mornings are, how much I love them. Starting fresh every day is such a gift of God and every time I see that sun come up I know I have the opportunity to do better today than yesterday.

And so wind and all my run was very good.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Tough workout! You should be proud of yourself. How satisfying to know you completed your run in difficult situations. I hope I will be able to say the same today as I run my speed work in the heat and the wind....ha..! Way to go!

Jerry

KcandyP said...

Hey Jerry,

Yuck, heat and wind? I don't know if I would be that tough. I know you will do well. Good luck!

Susan